Solo and Small Firms Section
The purpose of the Solo and Small Firms Section is to:
- provide a forum for the study and discussion of the problems and concerns involved in the practice of law by solo practitioners and members of small firms
- contribute to the continuing education of the attorneys so engaged in such practices
- disseminate information regarding potential legislation and/or litigation that might affect such attorneys
- encourage study, publication of legal writings and make recommendations regarding areas of interest to such attorneys
- establish liaison with the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the legal academic community, and the general community to achieve these purposes
- promote and encourage dialogue and meetings between members of this Section and other members of the bar
- take such actions in respect thereto as may be desirable, consistent with the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of this Association, to the end that excellence in legal services be encouraged and maintained
Together solo practitioners and members of small firms make up the largest " law firm" in Louisiana.
Latest News and Events
LSBA’s Sixth Annual Solo and Small Firm Conference
Registration is open for the LSBA’s Sixth Annual Solo & Small Firm Conference, Feb. 14-15, 2013; at the New Orleans Marriott (555 Canal St.; New Orleans, La.). Participants can earn up to 14 CLE credits (satisfying the entire CLE annual requirement). Click here for more information or to register.