Train the LSBA Diversity Professionalism Facilitator Workshop (Conclave Breakout Session)
Cathy Harris (C. Harris Companies, Inc.) will deliver a full-day workshop for the LSBA’s Train the LSBA Diversity Facilitator. This custom-designed program will build on the Louisiana State Bar Association’s annual diversity conclaves and provide tools to begin the process of moving participants to the next level of understanding and valuing difference.
In this full-day session, each participant will:
• Increase his/her diversity knowledge and skills
• Boost his/her confidence in delivering effective diversity training
• Improve his/her understanding of stereotypes, prejudices and cultural differences
• Discover new ways to reduce bias
• Become more culturally competent and gain tools to promote diversity through training
Furthermore, the LSBA trainer will realize his/her ability to…
• Establish and maintain a safe and positive climate for diversity training
• Conduct and debrief learning activities and exercises
• Improve his/her ability to train employees who are different
• Facilitate discussion of sensitive issues
• Recognize and respond to diversity training challenges
Red Cross Building (Board Room)
2640 Canal Street
Total Hours: 7.58
Ethics Hours: 0
Professionalism Hours: 7.58
LPM Hours: 0
The registration fee includes program attendance, materials, a continental breakfast, coffee/refreshments, and lunch.
The program has been APPROVED for at least 7.58 CLE hours, and all the hours are professionalism hours.
Attorney participants who complete the training will have the option of having up to $50.00 of the registration fee refunded to them! Participants who conduct diversity/inclusion presentations (of at least one-hour in length) arranged by and on behalf of the LSBA, will have $25.00 per session refunded. The maximum refund is $50.00.
The LSBA will reimburse mileage for one vehicle from a major city in Louisiana that is located more than 200 miles from New Orleans and bringing at least two (2) people to the training.
For more information, contact Kelly McNeil Legier (504-619-0129; email@example.com).
Cancellation of registration for the training session must be received in writing by the LSBA no later than May 15th. Cancellations will receive a full refund, less a $30 administrative charge for the Train the Trainer session. Absolutely no refunds will be made after May 15.