1. Sections of the Louisiana State Bar Association are encouraged to submit Recent Development articles for publication in the Louisiana Bar Journal. Only articles received by the deadline will be published.
2. Cases/opinions cited should not be more than six months old at the month the article is published. (For example, an article written for the August Journal should not include cases/opinions prior to February.)
3. Length of articles should not exceed 900 words, inclusive of subheadings. Articles should be emailed (preferred) or submitted on a CD, typed using Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or any well-known processing software. The article should be typed clean, without being stylized. Do not use all caps or underline in the text.
4. All citations should follow the style in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 19th Edition, with the exception of the following:
|La. R.S. 13:2701|
La. Code of Civil Procedure:
|La. C.C.P. art. 3127|
La. Civil Code:
|La. Civ.C. art. 21|
La. Appellate post-1993:
|93-2345 (La. App. 1 Cir. 7/15/94), 689 So.2d 123|
La. Supreme Court post-1993:
|93-2345 (La. 7/15/94), 689 So.2d 123|
La. Code of Evidence:
|La. C.E. art. 101|
La. Code of Criminal Procedure:
|La. C.Cr.P. art. 1415|
Please be certain to include subsequent history, including writ or cert denials.
5. Please note at the top of the copy which section is contributing. Each case should have a descriptive subheading. List the author(s) and address at the end of the copy so that we can correctly give credit.
6. No compensation is made for articles published in the Louisiana Bar Journal.
7. No articles will be considered that have been submitted simultaneously to another publication or that have been published in another publication.
8. Articles accepted for publication become the property of the Louisiana Bar Journal.
9. Articles are subject to review/editing by Editorial Board members.
10. Articles should be emailed (preferred) or submitted on CD to:
Darlene M. Labranche
Louisiana Bar Journal
601 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70130
(800)421-LSBA, ext. 112