LSBA's Member Outreach and Diversity team works to increase collegiality and outreach to LSBA members through measures such as:
- Designing welcoming activities to create mentoring opportunities for the newest members of the Bar Association;
- Hosting LSBA Photo Bar ID events across the state, giving members the opportunity to receive their updated photo Bar ID at no cost;
- Providing networking opportunities for members throughout the state;
- Strengthening relationships with local and specialty bar associations through programming collaboration;
- Developing leadership skills for less seasoned attorneys and local and specialty bar leaders;
- Increasing the presence of LSBA leadership at events throughout the state; and
- Providing member benefits that enhance and make easier the practice of law for all attorneys.
Latest Diversity News and Events
Upcoming Local and Specialty Bar Events - Bar Year 2016-2017Here is a list of upcoming local and specialty bar events for the 2016-2017 Bar year. Please check the list frequently - changes and updates will be added regularly. If you would like your bar organization's event listed, please let us know! Send an email to email@example.com with the event details (date, time, location). View Schedule
Get Involved! Become an LSBA Professionalism Facilitator
Are you interested in:
- Increasing your diversity knowledge and skills?
- Boosting your confidence in delivering effective diversity and inclusion training?
- Improving your understanding of stereotypes, prejudices and cultural differences?
- Discovering new ways to reduce bias?
- Helping others become more culturally competent?
- Gaining tools to promote diversity and inclusion through training?
If so, you may want to consider becoming an LSBA Professionalism Facilitator. Facilitators are attorney volunteers that give of their time to educate others on promoting diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. If you are interested in joining us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.