The Mission of the Louisiana State Bar Association
The mission of the Louisiana State Bar Association is to assist and serve its members in the practice of law, assure access to and aid in the administration of justice, assist the Supreme Court in the regulation of the practice of law, uphold the honor of the courts and the profession, promote the professional competence of attorneys, increase public understanding of and respect for the law, and encourage collegiality among its members.
- The LSBA ensures that Louisiana lawyers meet and maintain the highest standards of competency and technical skill.
- The LSBA ensures that Louisiana lawyers exhibit the highest level of ethical conduct.
- The LSBA provides the foundation for a supportive and collegial community of legal professionals.
- The LSBA ensures that Louisiana citizens have equal access to legal services of the highest quality and to a legal system that affords prompt and fair resolution.
- The LSBA demonstrates excellence in every area: policy and planning, operations, programs and resource management.