Solo and Small Firms Section
The purpose of the Solo and Small Firms Section is to
Together solo practitioners and members of small firms make up the largest " law firm" in Louisiana. Join the section for comaraderie and resources that only the solo section can provide.
- provide a forum for the study and discussion of the problems and concerns involved in the practice of law by solo practitioners and members of small firms
- contribute to the continuing education of the attorneys so engaged in such practices
- disseminate information regarding potential legislation and/or litigation that might affect such attorneys
- encourage study, publication of legal writings and make recommendations regarding areas of interest to such attorneys
- establish liaison with the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the legal academic community, and the general community to achieve these purposes
- promote and encourage dialogue and meetings between members of this Section and other members of the bar
- take such actions in respect thereto as may be desirable, consistent with the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of this Association, to the end that excellence in legal services be encouraged and maintained
To join the section, complete this form
and send your check for $20.
Latest Solo & Small Firms News and Announcements
Solo Section Presents Mental Health for Lawyers and the "Lincoln Lawyer"
The Solo Section is presenting two-hour CLE lunchtime programming (1 hr. Ethics and 1 hr. Professionalism) as follows:
19130 West Front St.; Covington, La. 70433 (985) 892.5396
- Time: 11:30 (Registration); 12 – 2 (Programming)
- Speaker: Warren Montgomery
Warren, a solo practitioner in Covington, is a federal and state criminal defense litigator. Active in the solo section, he is also active in various organizations on the NorthShore.
- Cost: $25 for Solo Section Members and $35 for non Solo Section lawyers (but if joining the Solo Section at the seminar, the cost will be $25.). Lunch is included!
SPACE IS LIMITED. So register now. Satisfy your ethics and professionalism requirement while enjoying a networking opportunity with your fellow solos.