Solo and Small Firms Section
The purpose of the Solo and Small Firms Section is to
Together solo practitioners and members of small firms make up the largest " law firm" in Louisiana. Join the section for comaraderie and resources that only the solo section can provide.
- provide a forum for the study and discussion of the problems and concerns involved in the practice of law by solo practitioners and members of small firms
- contribute to the continuing education of the attorneys so engaged in such practices
- disseminate information regarding potential legislation and/or litigation that might affect such attorneys
- encourage study, publication of legal writings and make recommendations regarding areas of interest to such attorneys
- establish liaison with the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the legal academic community, and the general community to achieve these purposes
- promote and encourage dialogue and meetings between members of this Section and other members of the bar
- take such actions in respect thereto as may be desirable, consistent with the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of this Association, to the end that excellence in legal services be encouraged and maintained
To join the section, complete this form
and send your check for $20.
Latest Solo & Small Firms News and Announcements
LSBA'S 8th ANNUAL SOLO & SMALL FIRM CONFERENCEThe LSBA will be sponsoring the 8th Annual Solo & Small Firm Conference, March 19-20, 2015, Hilton Riverside, NOLA.
Early Bird Registration is open NOW through Feb. 1, 2015. For $250, earn up to 15 CLE credits (<$17/credit hour); satisfy your entire yearly requirement with 2.5 carryover hours for the next year; network with other solos around the state at the fabulous reception Thursday night; listen and experience relevant programming from nearly 50 seasoned regional and national speakers; and get free advice from legal tech exhibitors and legal consultants. Not to be missed! And, a bargain to boot!