This subcommittee will focus its efforts on technology issues related to providing public interest legal assistance and efficiencies that can be gained to through the use of technology. A separate group steers development of the statewide case management program to benefit the ten partners using the system.
More information on the Access to Justice Technology Subcommittee can be found at:
- Develops a comprehensive statewide technology plan that helps guide our nonprofit organization partners in developing technologies that can help them maximize the work they do with minimal resources.
- Implements the strategies outlined in the plan including:
- Assisted with development of LSC Technology Initiative Grant
- Completed a Computer Needs Survey in support of the SCMS Steering Group which handles PRIME training.
- Provided evaluative suggestions for technology in the areas of desktop scanners, Adobe Acrobat with an explanation of the different package features, alternative online calendars and web-based email
Statewide Uniform Case Management System Several years ago, the LSBA accepted responsibility for development of a single, uniform case management system which all three legal services, all six pro bono programs and the Louisiana Civil Justice Center (LCJC) use. The statewide case management system, Prime, allows all ten provider organizations to use the same system for seamless transmission of data. This technology assists our nonprofit partners with the ability to maximize their work with minimal resources.
Upon completion of the Bar’s commitment to place the providers on a uniform system, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Operating Agreement with the legal services organizations for continued functioning of the system. These documents provide guidance for future oversight and undertakings of the coordinated case management system. These documents establish a steering group which provides for self-management by the SCMS stakeholders. This group has met monthly since March, 2012 and distributes a bi-monthly newsletter
and the Technology Counsel distributes a bi-monthly report to keep partners and key contributors advised of its progress.
The Technology Subcommittee hosted a Technology Summit in December of 2013. For the minutes, click here